Thursday, May 2, 2013

Photos: Sports Day and My Sweet, Sweet Children

This week my school, as well as many other schools in Korea, held Sports Day. Put simply, Sports Day is an entire day devoted to a mass competitive P.E class. The students get together and they compete in different physical events. The groups who win the most events receive a small prize. This year was my first Sports Day and I had an amazing time. Luckily,  I didn't have a designated job like the other teachers so I  was able to circulate among my students, watch them compete, cheer them on and take as many photos as I could.

Photos of a few of the events

6th and 5th Grade students

3 leg race

Ball carry race

Pig Hop Wrestling (Last man standing = winner)


When the teacher blew the whistle the students had to rotate clockwise with out letting the sticks fall to the ground.





The students had to pass the balls backwards one by one and put them in a basket at the finish line.



Jumping Rope. Team with the most consecutive jumps wins.



Capture the flag. Students had to take the flags off their opponents backs, last team standing wins.






Shoe throw. Students took turns kicking off their shoes trying to land them in a circle  for points.
Photos of my Sweet, Sweet Children (mostly my 6th graders) ^^












My favorite 6th grade class





Some of my favorite boys.

If I had to adopt children, they would be them. 









My school year has so far been absolutely amazing. Despite the at times demonic 2nd graders, my students really do make my day, everyday. As the 2/3 mark of my contract approaches, the question is, will I re-sign for a 2nd year?

#CHEERS2MYSWEETSWEETCHILDREN



No comments:

Post a Comment