Friday, August 10, 2012

Moving On

“Well, now
If little by little you stop loving me
I shall stop loving you
Little by little
If suddenly you forget me
Do not look for me
For I shall already have forgotten you

If you think it long and mad the wind of banners that passes through my life
And you decide to leave me at the shore of the heart where I have roots
Remember
That on that day, at that hour, I shall lift my arms
And my roots will set off to seek another land”  -Pablo Neruda

If you asked me what I would be doing now 6 months ago my answer would have been, in love with ____ ( i'll spare him) teaching in ____ country (obviously with hewhomustnotbenamed) and living happily ever after. Ask me now what I am doing and it is moving alone to South Korea, still to teach but nowhere near where I thought I would be. It is funny how things change so quickly and so fast. How although you can have your mind set on one goal, one person or one thing and in the blink of an eye it can all change. My Mom on multiple occasions has recited the quote "you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find your prince," and because of her I have been extremely cautious of these frogs in my short life. I have witnessed what they (the "frogs") do to people, how they can build one person so high up and then destroy that same base and leave them crumbling to the ground without any regards or care as to what happens to that other person. But I too let my guard down and allowed myself to succumb to these false lies, promises and dreams that were told to me. I too allowed myself to live in a fairytale of happy endings and joy to instead be dropped like a bad habit and through this experience I have learned it is not WHAT happens to you but rather it is HOW you deal with it all, the pain, the hurt, the deceit and even the happiness and good times, how do you take these and apply them to yourself and who you are? Do you learn from it and take these experiences and make yourself a stronger person? Or do you allow yourself to wallow in self pity? For me myself, I have taken my pain, pain that still somewhat resides, and have decided to move on with my life to discover the good that I know the world has, whether it be the love the fairy tales speak of, the success we all dream of achieving, the content that many spiritual leaders have displayed or whatever else our hearts desire, I am on a mission to find.

So with that, it is official, I leave August 30th for my new life/journey.

#CHEERS2MOVINGON

No comments:

Post a Comment